Meet Dr. J.
J. Nikol Jackson-Beckham, Ph.D. is a college professor, scholar, writer, and equity and inclusion strategist who provides consulting and training to individuals and organizations in the craft brewing industry. She is the founder of Craft Beer For All, a platform that works to bring the vast diversity of craft beer to people and bring the vast diversity of people to craft beer.
Jackson-Beckham has extensively researched the American brewing industry, examining the relationships between the economic valuation of beer and a range of cultural phenomena, including industrial histories as they pertain to race, class, and gender relations; discourses evoking 'sustainability' and 'the local'; subcultural politics; entrepreneurship; the logics of new mediation; and affect and sensation.
To be Continued...
To be Continued...
Did You Know?
MY NAME is JANEL
My given name is "Janel," but friends and family have called me "J" since before I can remember. I often include my middle name in writing, "Nikol," so that those who don't know me know I'm a woman.
I'M KINDA DEGREEDY
I've been homebrewing beer for more than a decade. Currently I'm working on upgrading my DIY, hybrid gas/electric K-RIMS system.
ABOUT DR. J.
DR. J IN RECENT NEWS
- New York Times - Craft Beer Looks Beyond ‘Young White Dudes With Beards’
- Vine Pair - Hop Take: It’s About Time Craft Beer Focused on Diversity
Dr. J currently serves as the Diversity Ambassador for the Brewers Association.
Media Inquires: All media inquiries specifically pertaining to Dr. J's work as Diversity Ambassador for the Brewers Association should be directed to:
ON THE ROAD
- Apr 8-12 - Denver, CO || Craft Brewers Conference
- May 7-9 - Windsor, CA
- May 30-31 - New Orleans, LA || Cultural Studies Association
- June 17 - Washington, DC || SAVOR
- Jun 27-30 - Providence, RI || HomebrewCon
- July 25-28 - Duluth, MN || Minnesota Brewers Conference
- August 5-7 - Orlando, FL || Florida Brewers Guild Meeting
- September 12 - 15 || California Craft Brewers Conference